Engie Chuck Edwards Memorial Scholarships
The Engie Chuck Edwards Memorial Scholarships are to support?energy conversion education at the A. James Clark School of Engineering. Up to eight $2,500 to $5,000 scholarships will be awarded to Clark School students. The possibility of a summer internship with Engie also exists.?
Recipients will be selected on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated interested in studying energy conversion. The scholarship can be renewed for one year based on academic performance and completion of scholarship requirements.?Previous recipients must reapply the following year for renewal of the scholarship.?
- Be a current,?full-time (12 credits or more), Clark School engineering undergraduate student through Spring 2020;?
- Be a junior or senior (beginning Fall 2019) with preference given to mechanical and electrical engineering students;?
- Have a minimum 3.0 grade point average;
- Have a demonstrated interest in studying energy conversion (see below)
An applicant can document his/her interest through one or more of the following:?
- Previous/current registration in energy-related courses (ENME 232 - Thermodynamics and/or ENME 332 - Transfer Processes or equivalent; ENME 423 - Environmental Engineering; ENME 635 - Energy Conversion (or others as approved by Dr. Reinhard Radermacher);
- An internship in an energy field;
- Research experience in an energy-related area
When an applicant can not document the above, he/she should:?
- Have excellent grades in Thermodynamics;
- Express his/her intent to work in the energy field;
- Complete energy-related course(s) (ENME 423 or ENME 635) once he/she is awarded the scholarship
How to Apply:?
Applications are due September 25, 2019, by 4:00PM EST. To apply for the Engie Chuck Edwards Memorial Scholarship, email the following information to Dr. Nicole Roop at firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format or PDF as one attachment, subject line: "Engie Scholarship".?Your full name and UID should appear at the top of each page.?
- ?Current resume
- Cover letter that documents or addresses your interest in energy conversion
Any questions can be sent to Dr. Roop at email@example.com.?